WSAS’s funding comes from three sources: core state funding, project funding, and donations.
Core funding from the state supports staff salaries and benefits.
Project funding supports the direct costs of contracted projects including staff salaries and benefits, travel, writing and consulting services, event space rental, and student research support.
Donations allow WSAS to:
- Mobilize COVID-19 response
- Explore new S&T topics of importance to WA State
- Interact with policy makers in Olympia and around the state to raise the visibility and increase the impact of WSAS
- Support outstanding high-school students to participate in the AAAS-AJAS meeting each year as delegates from Washington State
- Hire project-specific professional expertise
- Provide paid opportunities for student interns
- Support professional development for our staff
Your gift is tax-deductible – WSAS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization – and allows us to remain independent and respond quickly and efficiently to state requests.
Our federal tax identification number is: 68-0668369