WSAS’s funding comes from three sources: core state funding, project funding, and donations.
Core funding from the state supports staff salaries and benefits. This amount was cut 10% in 2020.
Project funding supports the direct costs of contracted projects including staff salaries and benefits, travel, writing and consulting services, event space rental, and student research support.
Donations allow WSAS to:
- NEW: Mobilize COVID-19 response
- Explore new S&T topics of importance to WA State
- Interact with policy makers in Olympia and around the state to raise the visibility and increase the impact of WSAS
- Support outstanding high-school students to participate in the AAAS-AJAS meeting each year as delegates from Washington State
- Hire project-specific professional expertise
- Provide paid opportunities for student interns
- Support professional development for our staff
Your gift is tax-deductible – WSAS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization – and allows us to remain independent and respond quickly and efficiently to state requests.
Our federal tax identification number is: 68-0668369