Help us respond to the COVID-19 crisis in Washington State
WSAS is relying on our own financial resources to launch and staff our COVID-19 response, including the creation of a COVID-19 Steering Committee. As we begin to seek funding from philanthropies that are committed to helping WA State, we welcome contributions from members of our community so that we can execute our emerging plans quickly. Because current circumstances restrict travel to our office to pick up checks, donations online via PayPal will ensure that we can access and direct funds as soon as possible. Scroll down to donate.
Give Online. This is our preferred method as WSAS staff continue to work from home. Use the button below to visit our secure PayPal site and make a donation online.
Please let us know, in the notes, if you’d like your donation to remain anonymous.
Give by Mail. Send a check, made payable to WSAS, to our offices at:
Washington State Academy of Sciences | 901 5th Avenue, Suite 2900 | Seattle, WA 98164
Funding for WSAS comes from three main sources: core state funding, project funding, and donations.
Our core funding from the state supports staff salaries and benefits.
Project funding supports the direct costs of contracted projects including staff salaries and benefits, travel, writing and consulting services, event space rental, and student research support.
Donations allow WSAS to:
- NEW: mobilize COVID-19 response
- explore topics that are not supported by specific projects and
- expand the activities of our Topical Working Groups
- travel to Olympia and around the state to raise the visibility and increase the impact of WSAS
- sending outstanding high school students to the AAAS-AJAS meeting each year as delegates from Washington State (read more about AJAS here)
- hire interns
- send our staff to relevant conferences or events
Your gift is tax-deductible – WSAS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization – and allows us to remain independent and respond quickly and efficiently to state requests.
Our federal tax identification number is: 68-0668369
Thank you to our 2019 donors who helped us meet the 2nd Annual Dalton Giving Challenge.