Funding for WSAS comes from three main sources: core state funding, project funding, and donations.
Our core funding from the state supports staff salaries and benefits.
Project funding supports the direct costs of contracted projects including staff salaries and benefits, travel, writing and consulting services, event space rental, and student research support.
Donations allow WSAS to:
- NEW: mobilize COVID-19 response
- explore topics that are not supported by specific projects and
- expand the activities of our Topical Working Groups
- travel to Olympia and around the state to raise the visibility and increase the impact of WSAS
- sending outstanding high school students to the AAAS-AJAS meeting each year as delegates from Washington State (read more about AJAS here)
- hire interns
- send our staff to relevant conferences or events
Your gift is tax-deductible – WSAS is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization – and allows us to remain independent and respond quickly and efficiently to state requests.
Our federal tax identification number is: 68-0668369
Thank you to our 2019 donors who helped us meet the 2nd Annual Dalton Giving Challenge.