Nominate a New Member
The nominations period for 2021 will open in late February or early March 2021.
The guiding principle for the election procedures is to identify individuals with outstanding scientific knowledge and a record of achievement who will commit to work on behalf of the Academy in bringing the best available science to bear on the diversity of challenges and opportunities within the State of Washington.
If you have any questions about the following instructions for nominating someone to the Washington State Academy of Sciences, please email our Program Operations Manager at email@example.com.
1. The nomination must be led by a primary nominator, who must be a WSAS member.
2. The nomination must be supported by a secondary nominator who does not have to be a WSAS member. The secondary nominator must be from a different institution than the primary nominator.
3. Candidates must be nominated for a membership section (see descriptions below) but can be nominated by any current WSAS member regardless of their section.
4. Candidate’s primary residence must be in Washington State and/or their primary and permanent employment must be in Washington State.
5. Nominations must be prepared using official WSAS nominations forms. The primary and secondary nominator must each complete the appropriate form and submit separately to firstname.lastname@example.org.
6. WSAS is now allowing CVs of no more than 10 pages to be submitted along with nominations. CVs should be submitted by primary nominators only. No other additional materials will be accepted.