June 2, 2020
WSAS is seeking applicants for an Associate Program Officer. This is a full-time position. The full job posting and instructions for applying can be found here.
The Associate Program Officer is responsible for managing assigned research projects contracted through the Washington State Academy of Science (WSAS). Specifically, the position will independently plan and organize project operations with primary responsibility for resource management and project outcomes.
Primary Duties of the Position
The Associate Program Officer will manage current and future projects on behalf of WSAS and ensure that our projects meet contracted objectives. Duties include
- Assisting Executive Director in assembling committees/panels
- Serve as staff liaison between committee/panel members and WSAS
- Conduct background research and prepare research papers and/or summaries. Track relevant issues and compile reports
- Coordinate program or project activities, handle inquiries, organize meetings and workshops, and develop materials
- Ensure the program or project meets its stated objectives
- Assist Executive Director in the development of programs/projects, including developing prospectuses and raising funds
The work is primarily intellectual or analytical in character, requiring advanced knowledge. Assignments are broadly defined and require judgment and creativity to complete. This position reports to Executive Director.