WSAS is seeking applicants for a Program Finance Manager position. This is now a full-time position. The office is based in Seattle, but there is the option for remote work within the state of Washington. The full job posting and instructions for applying can be found here.
The Program Finance Manager is responsible for managing the day-to-day financial and administrative operations of the Washington State Academy of Sciences (WSAS), including ﬁnance, accounting, insurance, contracts, legal, human resources, information technology and some administrative functions of the organization. The role is expected ensure the staff team has systems in place to achieve success.
Primary Duties of the Position
The Program Finance Manager will manage current and future financial and operational aspects of projects on behalf of WSAS to meet contracted and operational objectives. Duties will include:
- Assisting Executive Director in contract execution including invoicing, budgeting, and project close-out
- Serve as staff liaison between WSU and agency contacts regarding finance matters and contracts
- Conduct financial operational maintenance to include executing tax documents, state agency documents, and financial reporting documents
- Coordinate all program financial and some operational activities for maintenance of office infrastructure (such as IT and devices), personnel records, and financial records
- Ensure the program or project meets required financial and operational deadlines
- Assist Executive Director in the development of program and project financial planning, tracking, policies, and procedure
Assignments may be broadly defined and require independent judgment to complete. This position reports to Executive Director.